Updated Infrequently. My Rants, My Ravings.My Polambals.My Travelogue.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Finally A Job

I got my offer letter on the day before yesterday.
Funny story though.
My friend Shobha had to go collect her offer on tuesday. There she asked the dude why i had not got mine as yet as i had completed my interviews before her.
The guy said that they had my offer with them for about a week and that they had not called me because of the confusion in the mass recruitment drive. They are coordinating for the whole of South India or some story like that.
Then they ask her if she can give me the letter cos it would be easier.
Shobha had a fever on that day. And she had not taken a file and being the nut she is kept the letters in her hand bcos they would get crumpled otherwise.
The bus was crowded so she gave the letters to someone to hold on to them while she stood.
And when she got off, the bus left before she could get the letters from that person.
offer letters lost.
She got sooooo upset.Cried a lot and got someone else to call cos she thought i would yell. I dint.
Neway the next day we called them and then they told us to come over.Gave us copies of our offers immediately.
:P
Yesterday i had my medicl examination at Apollo Hospitals.
Again confusion.The TCS ppl had apparently forgotten to tell the hospital they were sending a lot of ppl. So the hospital had not prepared for 70-80 of us sudenly crowding up their place and after a lot of confusion we got our tests done.
According to instructions I had to transport my urine and stool samples across the city for about 30 km to the hospital.In bottles.Yes thats gross. But i had to.
And then after my first ever ECG, and an Xray, both of which involved women and was pretty nice :P i had my final physical examination.
The dude told me my bp was high.140/90.The way he kept going I thought I was going to be declared unfit.
Today i found that i have been declared fit.
So i guess by the first of december i will be working....
Now i'm looking for a java course to do in the month I have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo... Congratulations on finally officially getting into TCS. Calls for celebrations :)

The Insane Genius said...

right.will invite u to the party if u tell me who u are!
thanks a lot neways!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Insane...
Wonder what made ur BP rise! The women at the hospital ?
And knowing you, I don't expect a treat from u!

The Sane Genius

The Insane Genius said...

ah well sane...if u really knew me u'd know that there is a treat.....
thanks neways.

Anonymous said...

Hoped to see some new ones buddy

Santosh