Updated Infrequently. My Rants, My Ravings.My Polambals.My Travelogue.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Two Exhausting Days LOTS Of Confusion ....

I had two really exhausting days. The past two that is. The day before yesterday i tried to install my modem in red hat. and found that the kernel source whatever it is was not there. So i tried to do a clean install and found that i could not install cos of some problem with the installer cds :(
Spent the most of that night upto 3 am the next day. Then went met this dood and got Suse and Mandrake cds from him.Then i went to a friends place to help the dood finish some documentation. Took about three hours. Came back home. Then this other guy calls and says he want study material pronto cos he has an exam the next day. So my friend and i at 9 pm take a bike and drive down to see him. Finished that and then i got back home at something like 11.45 pm. And then started to install Suse.
Surprisingly unlike red hat it was quite easy.installed in about 20 minutes falt. but then i found that i did not have the source kernel either.
So i tried mandrake.It installed alrite but the source kernel cd was screwed :(
by this time it was 4 am what with some hardware problems and all.So i went back to sleep.
Today i reinstalled Suse and now am looking for its source kernel. If i get my hands on pcq2004 Linux then i will change from suse to pcq just to c if the source kernel exists init :P
i know.u dint want to know and its confusing anyway.

No comments: