Updated Infrequently. My Rants, My Ravings.My Polambals.My Travelogue.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Busy Day

Today was quite a busy day. Spent the morning whiling time away as usual, listening to music and checking mail once an hour :P
Then at around 2 pm my friend Chander called up to say that since the guys were all free we could go out somewhere. So we set off, 6 guys on 3 bikes on the wide open Grand Southern Trunk Road. Went all the way to a bird sanctuary called Vedanthangal about 80 kilometres from home (after lyin to my aunt that we were going to the hostel nearby :P she still dont know so anyone who knows her, dont tell her) . Funny thing was that there are no birds around there except the common bat which can be found even at home. But then Chander had his mind set on going there so we went there...spent about half an hour there and left again, this time for the famous East Coast Road (ECR).
Now theres this entertainment multiplex called Mayajaal over on the ECR. And my uncle decieded that if he is going anywhere for a movie, he will go only to that place, cos he somehow decideed that its close to home. So Chander and I were deputed to go buy the tickets for the movie there, and the other guys were to come there after a while and meet up.
Its been a loonngg time since i took a powerful bike for a long, fast ride on an open road. Powerful as in powerful made in India. Not superbike types. The road from the sanctuary to the multiplex is 1 part on the GST and most part on the ECR. And the ECR is one hell of a place for this kind of a ride. Average speeds were between 80 and 110 kmph. And the scenery is fantastic. On the right we had the ocean and the sea breeze was fantastic.
Finally we ended up in Mayajaal and bought the tickets and met up with my folks.My friends split and then we had a family dinner and movie :P Movie was good. More later.

No comments: