Updated Infrequently. My Rants, My Ravings.My Polambals.My Travelogue.

Monday, August 23, 2004

.....

Michael Moore's FAHRENHEIT 9/11 desreved the Palme D' Or it won. To use an old cliche, it is a 'hard - hitting' documentary... and it has got me thinking in a way i have never before thought.

The thing that is obvious to most people now is that the world will not be the same ever again. But to me the most obvious fact is that America will not be the only superpower in this world of ours for much longer. From what i can hear and see, their troops are being slowly demoralised because of extended tours of duty. Even more so, since those extended tours of duty are for fighting a war that for most part they dont understand.

And the people of the nation will also soon be demanding answers as to why a war based on lies. As will the people of Iraq. Saddan Hussein restored electricity and water supply to most of the country within six months of the first Gulf War. The Coalition of the Willing has not done so even after having much more time and resources.

This topic will be continued in later posts. For now, Good Night


No comments: