Updated Infrequently. My Rants, My Ravings.My Polambals.My Travelogue.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My World Last Week....

Latest musical addiction: Steve Vai's The Blood And Tears.Its actually an instrumental piece....Vai being a gutarist and it has some of the words from the Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Service for the Interfaith Call for Freedom of Worship in Tibet and Universal Religious Freedom .

"Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end to the flowing stream of their blood and tears.
By their rough actions, these masses of cruel beings are bringing down ruin on themselves and others, so drunk are they with demonic delusions. Forge the glorious unity of friendship among them, these objects of compassion, and with love and mercy help them acquire the wisdom eye to tell right from wrong."

Maybe i just like these words in it.But I have been listening to that piece non stop for the last four days...

Wilbur Smith is such a good writer...one of the prerequisites of a good book, to me at least is that it should take me away into its own world and his books do just that.I came home tired and wanting to sleep and started on "the Sunbird" at six.Got really engrossed into the book and by the time I realised the time it was around 9 pm.Excellent book.

Went out on a team outing on thursday to MGM resort.Good fun.A little around 4pm four of us guys went tot the restraunt and sat there and had a drink.Twas very peaceful and so damn relaxing.We have promised ourselves that we will got there and do this every weekend.With or without the drink.Just got and sit there.

Went and saw the movie RAM today.Was run of the mill psycho tamil movie.Pretty ok but ending was very lame.

Got my dad's bday gift.Spent the most that i have spent at one time of my own money on it and also use my debit card.God save me now :P

Gonna go sleep now....have an overwhelming feeling that i am forgetting to say something though :(

No comments: